- Go to your Canvas Gradebook and click on Export and choose "Current"
- It will export ALL your Canvas grades to a .csv file.
- Excel will open that file.
- Right-click in the column called “SSID” and delete it.
- Ditto for “ID” Column (Keep one that has the Student ID!)
- Click on the Column at the top Column E(?) and move the mouse to the right to select many columns. Right click Delete all the data you do not need. My understanding is you only need module 5. Students need a score of 35/50 or 75% to pass.
Dr. Averett does not want a score he just wants a P or F. So change what you need to in the one column. The example I am looking at are all scores of 10 with 2 empty cells. The two empty cells were student student's who did not test. Leave them blank. I would chose (highlight) the whole column then use "Find" and "Replace" the 10 with a P. Or type a P in the top box and then drag it down. I can show you how if you come on down.
Columns for last name and one for first name are requested but Canvas does not export that way. Your list is sorted by Last, first names in one column.
- Right-click on "Row 2" (points possible) and delete the row. You should now have 3 columns and a bunch of rows of students. We need to split the first column of last, first into 2 columns. Here we go…
- Right-click on "Column B" and click on “Insert”
- Do it again so there are two new empty columns, B and C.
- Click on "Column A" so it is highlighted.
- Then click the "Data" tab at the top.
- Chose "Text to Columns" (be sure Deliminated is chosen with the circle) click "Next"
- Uncheck the "Tab" box, check the "Comma" box. Click "Next"
- Select the destination by clicking the very small “Red Arrow” selector tool on the right of the "Destination" box. The box may shrink but is still open.
- Select where you want this soon to be separated text to go. Click "Column B", push and hold the Shift button and click "Column C." (The two columns you made earlier should now be selected!)
- Click the tiny "Red Arrow" again and there should be a “$B:$C” in the Destination box.
- Click "Finish."
- Select "Column A" and deleted it.
- Rename the columns as requested. Last Name, First Name, Student #, Civics test P/F
- Click File "Save As". (Not Save)
- Navigate to the S:\Olympus_Sr\Staff\CivicsTest and save it with the correct name 634 is your school code.
- “(school number)_(teacher last name)_(course name)_(semester)_(class period).” (Example - 634_whitehead_usgov_1_A1)
- In the box that says “Save As type:” chose "Excel Workbook" instead of CSV (Comma deliminated)
- Do that for each class.
Sorry there are no pictures to help you out.
Please comment and make suggestions to help everyone out.