You know and love LanSchool, LanSchool lets you monitor/observe and remote control student computers and see what they are doing. As well as many other features including a web history...
To install it, it must be requested and then the;
LanSchool app gets pushed from the district to student Chromebooks
LanSchool teacher gets installed by STS on teacher PC.
There are some caveats.
- It is USER based, not device based. Which means each user has to install or accept the LanSchool app. for each class. If a student in first period who has used LanSchool on a Chromebook. When they log into a Chrome book 2nd period they will STILL show up on the first
- Teacher must hit F5 (refresh) screen to NOT see past students.
- Students must accept the Share Screen option and
- Input their teachers LanSchool channel in EACH classroom
- If a wrong channel is entered students must restart computer.
- Because, EVERY teacher (with Chromebooks) has to buy into it. Since it is user specific. If student A logs in to a Chromebook in Teacher A's class and uses LanSchool... When in Student A logs in to Teacher B's class 2nd period (math?) Student A will still be seen by Teacher A. Unless or until the student changes their own channel.
- I am not sure ALL Teachers here will even use LanSchool teacher. Many do not even use it while in the current computer labs.
I may be wrong and I would be happy to have it pushed out if Chromebook teachers will use it.