Here ya go...
- It sure is small for a laptop and easy to transport.
- "Instant" on. That is nice - no long waits for it to start up.
- Powerful for it size - it is a full Windows 8 laptop that will run on the network and access what a "normal" computer will can.
- USB input for... you know - a USB device! (Keyboard, jumpdrive, ethernet...) DV out for a monitor.
- It has a USB charger spot on the power brick! Great for charging my iPhone when they are both near. No use in a school though!
- It sure is small to do any "Real Work" on. Too small when the on-board keyboard takes up half of the screen. You can turn it portrait, but then there is no "kickstand" to support it and it must be held.
- Windows 8. Not that 8 is bad but we do not use 8 yet. It is a little confusing switching between "Apps" and "Computer". They work differently.
- EXPENSIVE and it needs more stuff to be effective. Keyboard, case, screen covers. And a cart to put them in.
- Laptops are hard to manage in general. If they are not used often they loose their connectivity to GSD/AD and our network. They'll need to be "worked on". Not a bad thing but people will be mad if they take the cart and plan on using them and they do not connect!
- To small to fit in a lap. That sounds silly but it is not big enough to be stable and there is no base.
- I have not found very many Apps that I would use productively.
- Laptops in general are hard to manage. I just dismantled a laptop lab because no one used it and we currently have over 800 student desktop computers for use.
- Price. Price does not include a keyboard, covers, cart or other hardware to provision them.
- Size. They are a great size to slip into a backpack, take to the coffee shop, or carry on a plane and have a full working laptop with you. That being said - it makes the screen too small and also easy to misplace or walk away with.
- There are better cheaper options. Chromebooks to name one. Even another windows laptop.
- Windows 8. I know it is coming, but, having only one portable lab of them will be discouraging for most people... Except those who have it at home and already use it.
Would I buy one? ... No.