- Updates suck! Just when you get your computer the way you like it there is an update! Why are we changing so quick? We are not. We have been experimenting with this for about 4 months now and believe we have all working in Granite. Of course there are a few exceptions.
Updates are great - when they are good updates and you get cool new features - THAT WORK!
- LanSchool is not perfect yet. We are currently running a beta version at about 80% success rate.
- It has a long log in/set up the first time you log. Much shorter the next. This is very typical but the first time seems to take forever when you want it to happen quickly!
- Two extreme changes to the the Start / Windows button
- To Log Off click on "Your Name"!
- To Shutdown or Restart click on "Power"
- To find your files click "File Explorer" (this 3rd one is a bonus!)
- I think you are going to like Windows 10. It is a combination of Windows 7 which you use now and W8 which was more tablet/touch based.
- Windows Internet Explorer is gone. YAHOO! "Wait no it's not it is right here!" Microsoft no longer supports or puts IE on its computers. They now use "Edge". Edge is the new IE. Then why is IE on your school computer? Granite District made it work for use with Discovery! If you use W10 at home... No IE. As always don't use it - Use Chrome for as much as you can. If something does not work... then switch browsers if you need to.
There is more but I will stop. Come and talk to me if you want more - or just add your comments below.