First and foremost you checking out a Chromebook from the school is fabulous. It will make it so much easier than using a different one in each classroom and possibly NOT having one at home when or if you need one. So appreciate it and take care of it! Yes, you CAN use a different device such as your own computer or phone but why. Just be sure you are logged in to Chrome and Drive with your @granitesd.org account.
In the Library at checkout:
- Follow arrows
- Get Chromebook
- SIT! (2 per table...) floor, chair, carrel...
- Power on.
- Shut down.
- Power ON again and log in.
all users (including yours) will continue to disappear all this week.
- 3 dots (top right) - click Help, About
- Update. Wait, wait...
- Shutdown. Do not just close the lid. Shutdown!
- Fill out paperwork
- Get a charger
- Get your student ID out
- Follow arrows!
- Checkout with Kim
- Back to class! :)
Problems happen - Don't worry I am here to help or fix as quick and easily as I can. Some common problems are below...
After you leave the library...!
- Can't log in
- Be sure you are using your @granitesd account
- make sure you are on the wireless at your location.
- Physical Damage happened
- Bring it in and we can assess it and get you a different one. (fill out this form?)
- Yes you could be charged - (oh well still cheaper than buying your own!)
- Acceptable Use policy
- Link to it.
- Wifi at school
- Connects automatically to Guest then switches to GraniteHDW
- If needed to YOU can log in to GSDGuest. Password = learning.
- Do not spray the Chromebook (or any electronic device)
- You can use a wipe or spray a cloth and wipe the Chromebook down.
You can also log in to Destiny to see what your checkout status is. Here are the instructions
- Questions or help? e-mail is best and we can set up a Social Distance meeting in Google Meet
- or stop by the library during school hours.