Research Tab (above)
- Create and ELA (or English) folder. You might already have one.
- Create a folder Called "Research your name"
- Right click (or two finger tap) on that folder. Share it with your English teacher (ashaw, avanberckelaer, dlittlefield1) @granitesd.org
- Create a Google Doc in the Research folder.
- Name it "Topics". Do your assignment!
- Add notes from Mr. Smedberg Type some things that I tell you. Copy and Paste a few links.
- Google Scholar links do not save your google drive account.
- If you find ANY links that you might want to use. Copy the URL and paste it into a google doc hit "return" to make it a hyperlink. I would create a Google Doc called Links and paste all your links on that document. Sure, you could save bookmarks too. Remember - you are also trying to show your teacher that you have found some resources.
Research Tab (above)
- Plagiarism - I just talked about it. Use some of the link to CHECK your work to see if you Plagiarized. Remember your teachers have access to the same websites you do. They can select YOUR work and "Google it" to see if you copied it.
- Search Engines I talked about this page for a while CRAP test, ctrl F, specific search engines. Don't use basic google.com.
- World Book Online. Similar to the UEN WorldBook but OLYMPUS has purchased the "Advanced" Section. LOG IN to see it.
- See log in picture below. AT SCHOOL Copy the log-in info for home use. Paste it in your topics document!
- Gale Reference Collection Grades 9-12 Is the resource I showed you. BUT please feel free to use any of them.
- "Powersearch" Seaches all the items in Gale. (Read the instructions!) Filters on the right will narrow your results down.
- Find an article you want.
At the top click "Sign in" Chose the G. Sign in with your Google @granitesd.org account!
On the right. Click on Download. Save the document to your Google Drive.
- Go to Google Drive. Find a new folder called "Powersearch" (or similar) Open it.
"Right Click" on it select "Move To." (You might have to click the back arrow in that popup) Select the Research "name" folder we just made.
- I suggest finding a bunch of articles BEFORE moving them. BUT learn how to do it today.
- You should also click on "Citation Tools" and send the citation to your drive the same way.