First and foremost you checking out a Chromebook from the school is fabulous. It will make it so much easier than using a different one in each classroom and possibly NOT having one at home when or if you need one. So appreciate it and take care of it! Yes, you CAN use a different device such as your own computer or phone but why. Just be sure you are logged in to Chrome and Drive with your @granitesd.org account.
In the Library at checkout:
HOLLY Cow... we did it. Checked out close to 2300 Chromebooks
in two days. Now the minor problems begin!
If you have forgotten your password:
- Go to the portal and click the tiny button that says forgot password. (use your phone?)
- See your teacher or Mr. Smedberg to have it reset.
- Can't log in
- Be sure you are using your @granitesd account
- make sure you are on the wireless at your location.
- Physical Damage happened
- Wifi at school
- Connects automatically to GSDGuest then switches to GSDHDW
- If needed to YOU can log in to GSDGuest. Password = learning.
- Cleaning is not really required as you should be the only using it. But...
- Do not spray the Chromebook (or any electronic device)
- You can use a wipe, or spray a cloth, to wipe the Chromebook down.
- Not keeping a charge.
- Be sure it is plugged in all the way / correctly
- Batteries die. Bring it back to me.
- Acceptable Use policy
- Link to it sometime.
- YOU are responsible for the Chromebook that is checked out to you.
- Do NOT allow others to use it. or use some one else's
- Do NOT mix them up in class.
- Do NOT pull any markings or stickers off the Chromebook
- DO put a piece of tape with your name on it on the Chromebook
- Cracked Screen / Missing keys (uh oh...)
- Bring it in for a different one.
Check for updates.
It will then say what version of Chrome you are using and if there is an update. Different devices can only run certain versions of the software so I cannot tell you the latest version.
Below is copy of the form students are filling out while in the library. We will keep a copy of it on file.
You can also log in to Destiny to see what your checkout status is. Here are the instructions
- Questions or help? e-mail is best and we can set up a Social Distance meeting in Google Meet
- Get your mask on and stop by the library during school hours.