Microsoft Office for home - You have 2 options.
Read the instructions on the gray bar at the top of the slides.
Option 1 Free for Granite users.
- Log in to the Portal and find the orange "Office 365" tile in the Portal.
- The Link takes you to www.office.com LOG IN with your computer log in email@example.com (staff - it is your username). You may have to log in twice. (YES, students have an MS Office account!)
- You can use the apps on the website or click on "Install Office." Chose the bottom option for the actual applications to be installed.
- This is Microsoft's answer to Google Drive/Docs
- Your copy (or licence) should expire sometime after you leave Granite School District. I do NOT know how soon after.
- To Purchase MS Office GO HERE and follow the instructions. If there is a log-in screen use your school AD info.
- They say there is an option to purchase a CD. Then you own a CD of MS Office.
After You're logged in
- You do NOT have to install it on your personal PC
- It is very similar to Google Docs - Use all the MS tools there in your browser.
- Use Teams, to chat with colleagues and students. This is going to be the new Skype for Business