Post Grades / Midterms (If you are doing PBG you DO NOT have to post mid-terms!)
- Chose a class in the top right
- Click on Grades and select Grades (or "Progress" for Mid Terms)
- In the *G1 column click the Paint can (fill icon) Chose "GP Avg Grade" (or "From Standards" if PBL)
- In the *C1 column enter a citizenship grade 0-4. (as of 08/2020 citizenship at mid-terms is optional). Do NOT post Citizenship for Distance Learners.
- If there is a 3rd column (U1) for a grade - that is for Concurrent classes only and NOT for progress/midterms. If you do not teach SLCC classes don’t worry about it.
- PC 1-6 are for comment codes. (Click "Legend" to see what they are and put numbers in the boxes)
- Click Save on bottom right
- Click Next on bottom left.
(*G1, G2, G3, G4 = whichever term we are in)
- Click the Report icon
- Click on "GSD Teacher Posting Status (Sec)". (Check the "Run for Progress Grades box" if it is midterm)
- Click the Preview Button on bottom right. Make sure you allow for pop-ups in the address bar.
(This is the same report I run for the school - I turn mine in to the administration after the deadline.)
Green = Good, Red = "Bad?" (read the reason), Yellow = Read the warning. It might just be an added after date...
- I cannot re-open the Grades posting window. If you miss the posting date your principal will let you know what you need to do.
- If you have any that say "Remove Posting" Please go back to grade book and... Remove that posting!
- We no longer printing the 1500+ pages of mid-terms since the grades are posted in Grade book.
- The report WILL be ran and saved for printing of individual pages as needed. You will be notified when the report is ready and where to find it.
- Quarter Grades. I do NOT pick the dates for Grades to be posted - they are district wide!
- Mid-Terms are a school choice. The school picks the dates according to the best time to pass them out allowing time for delivery. If you miss the due date please inform your students and parents. I will NO longer be informing you if you have not posted as I really have no way of knowing.
- PBL scores can take up to 4 hours to be saved, or uploaded for students to see.
- Of course Gradebook can be slow during posting windows. 90,000 users could be on it!
- DO post as soon as you can. You can edit grade book and re-post again if you need to.
Use the paint can again and chose "Clear Values" to remove all the scores. The go back to #3 above. I have no idea what the "clear" button is for at the bottom of the screen!
- Do NOT wait for students to turn late work in. You can post again if more work gets turned in.
- Do NOT overlap grading periods in Canvas. (Open in one grading period and due in the next!)
- It is easier to change ONE kids grade at a later date than to post everyone individually.
- You do NOT have to record E V E R Y s i n g l e assignment.
- I am not your boss! I am here to HELP you, (not "police" you) with library, software, and tech stuff.
- Unless I am contacted - there is no way for me to know if anyone needs help or has forgotten to post, instead of waiting, so I run my report the next day and send it to the admins.
IF you have Grades that are NOT Accurate or not calculating correctly in Gradebook...
- ReCalculate! In Grade book... Click the tools icon / Gradebook Setup / Click a course code (link) / Very bottom click the
Recalc GB Avg. button. (Click next and do EACH period)
- Gradebook Categories HAVE TO match your Canvas Groups. Assignments not in a proper category WILL show in Gradebook but WILL NOT calculate into a student's Grade. Be sure they match perfectly.
- If you cannot record PBL Assessment scores. You do probable do NOT have standards attached to your assessments.