Gradebook - Posting
Quick steps for posting Grades/Mid-Terms
Post Grades / Midterms
- Click on Grades and select Grades (or "Progress" for Mid Terms)
- Chose a class in the top right
- In the *G1 column click the Paint can (fill icon) Chose GP Avg Grade
- In the *C1 column enter a citizenship grade 0-4.
- If there is a 3rd column for a grade - that is for Concurrent classes only and NOT for progress/midterms. If you do not teach those classes don’t worry about it.
- PC 1-6 are for comment codes. (Click "Legend" to see what they are)
- Click Save on bottom right
- Click Next on bottom left.
Run your report
- Click the Report icon
- Click on "GSD Teacher Posting Status (Sec)". (Check the "Run for Progress Grades box" if it is midterm)
- Click the Preview Button on bottom right. Make sure you allow for pop-ups in the address bar.
(This is the same report I run for the school - that I turn in to the administration after the deadline.)
Green = Good, Red = Bad, Yellow = Read the warning. It might just be an added after date...
- I cannot re-open the Grades posting window. If you miss the posting date your principal will let you know what you need to do.
Due dates are firm.
- I do NOT pick the dates for Grades to be posted - they are district wide!
- Mid-Terms are school choices. We do not even have to do or print them if we do not want to. The school picks the dates according to the best time to pass them out allowing time for printing, cutting and sorting them. If you miss the due date please inform your students and parents.
IF you have Grades that are NOT Accurate or not calculating in Gradebook... Remember that your Gradebook Categories HAVE TO match your Canvas Groups. Assignments not in a proper category WILL push into Gradebook but WILL NOT calculate into a student's Grade.
More info about Gradbook set up and Canvas