Post Grades / Midterms
- Chose a class in the top right
- Click on the Grades icon (abc) and select Grades (or "Progress" for Mid Terms)
- In the *G1 column click the Paint can (fill icon) Chose "GP Avg. Grade" for . The column should fill in.
- Do not fill in the "C1" column use the new Citizenship we are piloting. (HERE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS)
- If there is a 3rd column (U1) for a grade - that is for Concurrent classes only and NOT for progress/midterms. If you do not teach SLCC classes don’t worry about it.
- PC 1-6 are for comment codes. (Click "Legend" to see what they are and put numbers in the boxes)
- Click Save on bottom right
- Click Next on bottom left.
(*G1, G2, G3, G4 = whichever term we are in)
- Click the Report icon
- Click on "GSD Teacher Posting Status (Sec)". (Check the "Run for Progress Grades box" if it is midterm)
- Click the Preview Button on bottom right. Make sure you allow for pop-ups in the address bar.
(This is the same report I run for the school - I turn mine in to the administration after the deadline.)
Green = Good, Red = "Bad?" (read the reason), Yellow = Read the warning. It might just be an added after date...
- I cannot re-open the Grades posting window. If you miss the posting date your principal will let you know what you need to do.
- If you have any that say "Remove Posting" It’s just a warning letting you know to double check to make sure that student should have a grade posted, if not, you can remove it. If you feel the student should have received a grade, they can ignore it. It comes up for students who may have been enrolled a few weeks prior to the quarter ending or were only there a few weeks at the beginning of the quarter.
- We no longer print the 1500+ pages of mid-terms since the grades are posted in Grade book.
- The report WILL be ran and saved for printing of individual pages as needed. You will be notified when the report is ready and where to find it.
- Quarter Grades. I do NOT pick the dates for Grades to be posted - they are district wide! Due at "5 PM" on the date.
- Mid-Terms are a school choice. The school picks the dates according to the best schedule. If you miss the due date please inform your students and parents on your own. I will NO longer be informing you if you have not posted - as I really have no way of knowing until AFTER the fact. They are due at "mid-night", since I do not know how to change the time!!! (But, please don't be working that late!)
- Canvas scores could take up to 24 hours to send go Gradebook.
Please try not be "grading" papers on the day grades are due.
- Don't run your report right away. Breathe for a few minutes Give it 05+ minutes then run the report. Let the Data catch up.
- Posting Grades is NOT the same as "Grading". Posting your grade takes only minutes.
- PBL scores can take up to 4 hours to be saved, or uploaded for students to see.
- Of course Gradebook can be slow during posting windows. 90,000 users could be on it!
- DO post as soon as you can. You can edit grade book and re-post again if you need to.
Use the paint can again and chose "Clear Values" to remove all the scores. Then repost... (#3 above.)
I have no idea what the "clear" button is for at the bottom of the screen!
- Do NOT wait for students to turn late work in. You can post again if more work gets turned in.
- Do NOT overlap grading periods in Canvas. (Open in one grading period and due in the next!)
- It is easier to change ONE kids grade at a later date than to post everyone individually.
- You do NOT have to record E V E R Y s i n g l e assignment.
- I am not your boss! I am here to HELP you, (not "police" you).
- Unless I am contacted - there is no way for me to know if anyone needs help or has forgotten to post. So I run my report the next day and send it to the admins.
- If you are NOT posted in time... My understanding is that you will need to report to the school registrar with your grades so they can be entered "individually". And you must wear the cone of shame. (Okay maybe not)
- Grades are not correct
ReCalculate! In Grade book... Click the tools icon / Gradebook Setup / Click a course code (link) / Very bottom click the
Recalc GB Avg. button. (Click next and do EACH period)
- Grades are still not correct!...
Gradebook Categories HAVE TO match your Canvas Groups. Assignments not in a proper category WILL show in Gradebook but WILL NOT calculate into a student's grade. Be sure they match perfectly.
- Can't record assignments in PBL
If you cannot record PBL Assessment scores. You probably do NOT have standards attached to your assessments.
- "Yellow screen of death with red words"
Sorry! Nothing we can do about it. Try again later... Too many people on the site.
- Gradebook not loading through the portal?
Don't use the portal. Go to the school website and use the Link under... Links.
- You posted grades/citizenship but report is red still.
Run your report again in 10-60 min. The data may have to catch up.