Gradebook - Posting
Quick steps for posting Grades/Mid-Terms
Post Grades / Midterms
- Chose a class in the top right
- Click on Grades and select Grades (or "Progress" for Mid Terms)
- In the *G1 column click the Paint can (fill icon) Chose "GP Avg Grade"
- In the *C1 column enter a citizenship grade 0-4.
- If there is a 3rd column for a grade - that is for Concurrent classes only and NOT for progress/midterms. If you do not teach SLCC classes don’t worry about it.
- PC 1-6 are for comment codes. (Click "Legend" to see what they are)
- Click Save on bottom right
- Click Next on bottom left.
Run your report
- Click the Report icon
- Click on "GSD Teacher Posting Status (Sec)". (Check the "Run for Progress Grades box" if it is midterm)
- Click the Preview Button on bottom right. Make sure you allow for pop-ups in the address bar.
(This is the same report I run for the school - that I turn in to the administration after the deadline.)
Green = Good, Red = Bad, Yellow = Read the warning. It might just be an added after date...
- I cannot re-open the Grades posting window. If you miss the posting date your principal will let you know what you need to do.
- We are no longer be printing* the the 1500 pages of mid-terms since the grades are posted in Gradebook for students and parents to see.
- The report WILL be ran and saved for printing of pages as needed on an individual basis.
Due dates are firm.
- I do NOT pick the dates for Grades to be posted - they are district wide!
- Mid-Terms are a school choice. The school picks the dates according to the best time to pass them out allowing time for printing, cutting and sorting and delivering them. If you miss the due date please inform your students and parents.
- Do not overlap quarter in Canvas. (Created in one grading period and due in the next!)
- Do not wait for students to turn late work in. You can post again if more work gets turned in.
- It is easier to change ONE kids grade at a later time than add everyone individually.
- DO post as soon as you can. You can edit grade book and re-post again if you need to.
- You do NOT have to record EVERY single assignment.
- I am not your boss. I help you with library, software, and tech stuff. I run the same report you do and give it to the Principal after the closing.
- Unless I am contacted - there is no way for me to know if anyone needs help or has forgotten (instead of just waiting) so I run my report the next day and send it.
- ReCalculate! Click the tools icon / Gradebook Setup / Click a course code (link) / Very bottom click Recalc GB Avg. (Click next and do EACH period)
- Gradebook Categories HAVE TO match your Canvas Groups. Assignments not in a proper category WILL show in Gradebook but WILL NOT calculate into a student's Grade. Be sure they match perfectly.
More info about Gradebook set up and Canvas