Post Grades / Midterms
- Chose a class in the top right
- Click on the Grades icon (abc) and select Grades (or "Progress" for Mid Terms)
- In the *G1 column click the Paint can (fill icon) Chose "GP Avg. Grade" for . The column should fill in.
- Do not fill in the "C1" column use the new Citizenship we are piloting. (HERE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS)
- If there is a 3rd column (U1) for a grade - that is for Concurrent classes only and NOT for progress/midterms. If you do not teach SLCC classes don’t worry about it.
- PC 1-6 are for comment codes. (Click "Legend" to see what they are and put numbers in the boxes)
- Click Save on bottom right
- Click Next on bottom left.
(*G1, G2, G3, G4 = whichever term we are in)
- Click the Report icon
- Click on "GSD Teacher Posting Status (Sec)". (Check the "Run for Progress Grades box" if it is midterm)
- Click the Preview Button on bottom right. Make sure you allow for pop-ups in the address bar.
(This is the same report I run for the school - I turn mine in to the administration after the deadline.)
Green = Good, Red = "Bad?" (read the reason), Yellow = Read the warning. It might just be an added after date...
- I cannot re-open the Grades posting window. If you miss the posting date your principal will let you know what you need to do.
- If you have any that say "Remove Posting" Please go back to grade book and... Remove that posting!
- We no longer print the 1500+ pages of mid-terms since the grades are posted in Grade book.
- The report WILL be ran and saved for printing of individual pages as needed. You will be notified when the report is ready and where to find it.
- Quarter Grades. I do NOT pick the dates for Grades to be posted - they are district wide! Due at "5 PM" on the date.
- Mid-Terms are a school choice. The school picks the dates according to the best schedule. If you miss the due date please inform your students and parents on your own. I will NO longer be informing you if you have not posted - as I really have no way of knowing until AFTER the fact. They are due at "mid-night", since I do not know how to change the time!!! (But, please don't be working that late!)
- Canvas scores could take up to 24 hours to send go Gradebook.
Please try not be "grading" papers on the day grades are due.
- Posting Grades is NOT the same as "Grading". Posting your grade takes only minutes.
- PBL scores can take up to 4 hours to be saved, or uploaded for students to see.
- Of course Gradebook can be slow during posting windows. 90,000 users could be on it!
- DO post as soon as you can. You can edit grade book and re-post again if you need to.
Use the paint can again and chose "Clear Values" to remove all the scores. Then repost... (#3 above.)
I have no idea what the "clear" button is for at the bottom of the screen!
- Do NOT wait for students to turn late work in. You can post again if more work gets turned in.
- Do NOT overlap grading periods in Canvas. (Open in one grading period and due in the next!)
- It is easier to change ONE kids grade at a later date than to post everyone individually.
- You do NOT have to record E V E R Y s i n g l e assignment.
- I am not your boss! I am here to HELP you, (not "police" you).
- Unless I am contacted - there is no way for me to know if anyone needs help or has forgotten to post. So I run my report the next day and send it to the admins.
- Grades are not correct
ReCalculate! In Grade book... Click the tools icon / Gradebook Setup / Click a course code (link) / Very bottom click the
Recalc GB Avg. button. (Click next and do EACH period)
- Grades are still not correct!...
Gradebook Categories HAVE TO match your Canvas Groups. Assignments not in a proper category WILL show in Gradebook but WILL NOT calculate into a student's grade. Be sure they match perfectly.
- Can't record assignments in PBL
If you cannot record PBL Assessment scores. You probably do NOT have standards attached to your assessments.
- "Yellow screen of death with red words"
Sorry! Nothing we can do about it. Try again later... Too many people on the site.
- Gradebook not loading through the portal?
Don't use the portal. Go to the school website and use the Link under... Links.